Friday, December 12, 2014

Take Center Stage With Abeille Royale And Un Soir A L'Opera By Guerlain

In an email to me sometime last week, Guerlain said that they were hosting a workshop - they wanted to impart tips and tricks for me to dazzle in 2015. Naturally I had to get my tush to the venue, the wonderfully accessible Mandarin Oriental Hotel, with bells on!

Guerlain presented the Abeille Royale range as well as their 2014 holiday collection, Un Soir à l'Opéra, during this little get-together.




ღ Abeille Royale


Bee products are some of the world's most effective natural healing substances. Guerlain Research has extracted their active power to create Abeille Royale: a skincare programme with Pure Royal Concentrate that stimulates the key mechanisms in the healing process within the skin* to continuously help to repair wrinkles and loss of tissue firmness.


◆ Preparing Toner
◆ Up-Lifting Eye Care
◆ Face Treatment Oil
◆ Repairing Honey Gel Mask

Wrapping and knuckle massages were some of the techniques taught during the session. You know how much I love skincare products, so naturally I soaked up all those information like a sponge. Out of all that were on display, the stand out product was most definitely the Face Treatment Oil. A watery oil?! Consider me sold.

ღ Un Soir à l'Opéra


Midnight on the steps of the opera... A sumptuous ballet has just come to a close. The subtle shimmer of a black bow, whitened by the snow, catches the eyes. Wrapped around the chignon of a ballerina, whose radiance it beautifully enhances, it has flown away gracefully with a leap and slipped in through the gates of the opera house before coming to rest on the opera steps. According to legend, it offers the secret of grace and eternal seduction to whomever owns it. Make way for this exceptional collection, worn to light up the most festive nights of the year.


◆ Petrouchka Eye & Blush Palette
◆ Perles d'Étoile
◆ Rouge Parade
◆ Coque d'Or

I was particularly taken by Perles d'Étoile. Now I get why people go crazy over Météorites each season! I was even lucky enough to have José Luis Yuve (Guerlain's International Make-up Artist) to draw my cat eye for me. If only I can replicate his magic...

I walked away with a big smile on my face and a whole lot wiser about skincare and makeup application. And thanks to this workshop, my love for makeup has rekindled - I am no longer stuck in a makeup rut where I wear the same look day in, day out.


Please visit a Guerlain counter for more in depth information about the products mentioned in this post. The lovely Beauty Advisors will be more than happy to assist you!

*In vitro test

1 comments :

Ahleessa said...

What a fun workshop! It's something I would love to attend that doesn't cost a lot in my wallet that is... hehe~