Thursday, March 26, 2015

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum

It is dusk and my gauzy dress flares out around me, impatient to get the party started. This enigmatic time of day inspires me and fills me with excitement. The City of Light is my playground. I snap my fingers and it is party time; the city takes on a dreamlike quality. Off we go!
Guerlain



Name: Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum
Price: RM 356 for 50 ml
Made in: France

ღ The Fragrance
The CF features a sassy illustrated silhouette gallivanting around Paris to the tune of These Boots Are Made For Walkin'. I love Paris. I love These Boots Are Made For Walkin'. I also love cherries, but that will come up later in the review. So it is a no-brainer, I love the perfume.


This is an undeniably sweet scent, balanced with latent spiciness to give it a unique character. Marrying gourmands (cherry and almond) to a trail of woody notes (tonka bean and black tea) is pure genius. Every time I wear it I discover another layer - a never ending surprise of sorts! It is different from the usual generic scents but is still commercially appealing enough.

◆ Top notes: Black Cherry, Almond, Berries, Bergamot
◆ Heart notes: Bulgarian Rose, Turkish Rose Absolute
◆ Base notes: Tonka Bean, Black Tea


ღ The Flacon
The bottle for La Petite Robe Noire takes the form of a woman's shoulder with a reverse hollow heart stopper (revisiting the shape given to the classics, Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue). Sketched in black ink, the little black dress is beautifully set off by translucent glass shaded from powdery pink to black.


ღ The Collection
◆ La Petite Robe Noire EdP 50 ml RM 356
◆ La Petite Robe Noire EdP 100 ml RM 508

ღ The Composition
The full ingredient list for La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum:
Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance), Aqua (Water), Limonene, Coumarin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citronellol, Linalool, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Geraniol, BHT, Citral, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Eugenol, CI 60730 (Ext. Violet 2), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol.

P.S.: Did you know that there is a new addition to La Petite Robe Noire's perfume wardrobe called La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraîche?

Disclosure: Gift.

1 comments :

Gen-zel said...

Guerlain always surprises me with their new collection plus the packaging is always superb!