Monday, August 17, 2015

Lafine Vegetable Foam Cleansing



Name: Lafine 라피네 Vegetable Foam Cleansing 야채 폼 클렌징
Price: ₩ 14,000 for 120 ml
Made in: Korea

Vegetable Foam Cleansing has a fresh, vegetal scent. It is only natural seeing as it is composed from cucumber, carrot, watercress, tomato and parsley. To make it even more appealing, it is free from parabens, benzophenone, talc, animal oil and triclosan.

It is a typical foaming cleanser. Upon closer inspection, the paste like cream contains little colourful beads, like what you would see from a physical exfoliator. They are not plentiful; sparse enough that you don't feel like you are giving your face a good scrubbing yet copious enough that you can feel them there.

I fail to see the purpose of the granules aside from entering my eyes thus irritating them, but I highly doubt this is what Lafine had in mind when they formulated the cleanser. Plus this is supposed to be a low-irritation cleanser, and the presence of these particles steers it more to the abrasive side. Can anyone please shed some light on this mystery?

The rich foam is capable of removing sunscreens - I found no remnants for my toner to pick up. I haven't put it to the task of removing makeup though, nor do I plan to in the near future. I keep all my makeup removing to cleansing oils.

This cleanser does its job without stripping my skin. There are some that make me run for a moisturiser immediately after washing my face. But not this one. I could even get away sans moisturiser if I was so inclined. Full marks if it didn't come with the beads.

The full ingredient list for Vegetable Foam Cleansing:
Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Lauric Acid, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Potassium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Cocamide DEA, PEG-150 Stearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Catalpa Ovata Bark/Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sabvus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Oenanthe Javanica Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Butytene Glycol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Iron Oxides, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, CI 19140, CI 42090.

Disclosure: BNTGirls sample. Head on over to BNTNews for more exciting news, may it be K-Beauty, K-Fashion or K-Pop!

2 comments :

Nawael said...

Apparently, the particles are here to bring immediate luster to the skin!

Bijin Blair said...

Oooh, so that is what the beads are for. Thank you for coming to my rescue, Nawael!